I am a girl who absolutely loves pasta! But recently, I have found an incredible alternative that tastes just as good, if not better. Spaghetti squash has become my new obsession. It is so easy to make, and is actually healthy for you too. I kind of feel like I’m cheating the carb system because of how good it is.
You can throw pretty much any pasta sauce over it, or eat the veggie by itself. A lot of times, I like to take a basic tomato basil sauce and add onion and ground turkey, but for this recipe, let’s just stick to a basic marinara sauce.
1 whole spaghetti squash
1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Your favorite marinara sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Split the squash in half the long way, and scrape out the seeds.
3. Season both halves with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the squash, seasoned sides up, on an oven tray lined with foil.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes (or until the insides look soft and easy to scrape).
5. In order to give the squash that “spaghetti” look, take two forks and begin to scrape the strands of squash.
6. Toss with warm marinara sauce and add a little bit of parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
I hope you all enjoy this healthier take on classic spaghetti with marinara sauce! Let me know if you try this recipe.