- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled off
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- /2 teaspoon being powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can 100% pure pumpkin (I used Libby's)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 loaf pans with butter and dust with flour.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until it is blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg is added. Continue beating until light and fluffy. Then beat in pumpkin.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans and bake for 65 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!