Happy almost Galentine's Day everyone. I have always loved this time of year because it is such a great opportunity to spend time with the people in your life who are always there for you... your girlfriends! Ill be sharing some fun ways to spend the day with your Gals in a later post, but I had to share these delicious XO Cookies that I made last weekend with you all.
I found this recipe a couple of weeks ago with red and green M&Ms instead of these Valentine colored ones and I thought that it was such a fun and festive idea. I switched up a couple of the ingredients and whipped them up this weekend. Man were they delicious! Let me know what you think...
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix (not sugar-free and not 'cook & serve'), OR use 2 teaspoons
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate M&M's mixed into the dough + about 1/2 cup for placing on top of dough mounds
- Combine the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high until creamed and well combined.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until combined.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the chocolate chips, 3/4 cup M&Ms, and beat on low speed until combined.
- Form 15 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly.
- Add a few extra M&Ms to the top of each dough mound for an extra pop of pink and red!
- Place cookies on a large plate or tray, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (this will help the cookies keep their shape and not flatten while baking.)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place cooled cookie dough on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart and bake for 11 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set. Remember, cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.